Hidayah, founded in 2017, first began in the UK and branched out to US in 2020.
Here you’ll find the core values and mission of both the UK and the US Hidayah chapters, as well as what they aim to achieve and their aspirations for the LGBTQI+ Muslim communities they work in.
We believe in being open and transparent about our aims and objectives representing LGBTQI+ Muslims.
You can find our constitution at the link here!
About Hidayah UK
Here at Hidayah, our collective mission is to provide support and welfare for LGBTQI+ Muslims and promote social justice and education about our community to counter discrimination, prejudice and injustice.
We do this through holding our monthly meetups in cities across the UK, from London, all the way up to Glasgow! We have been running a mentor program called “Walk With Me” since March 2020, which provides invaluable advice and guidance to members that require it.
We have also been asked to work with universities and companies to deliver educational workshops, talks and conferences about our community.
We aspire to create a society free from discrimination, if we do not currently operate in your area, email us to see if we can work with you to bring Hidayah to your city and expand the visibility of LGBTQI+ Muslims.
To promote equality and diversity for the public benefit and in particular the elimination of discrimination on the grounds of sexual orientation or gender identity, by specifically but not exclusively:
- Working for the elimination of discrimination on the grounds of race, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
- Advancing education and raising awareness in equality and diversity
At Hidayah UK, we offer a range of services including:
- Monthly events which are social meetups and safe spaces around the UK in the following locations: London, Bristol, Birmingham, Leeds, Manchester, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Cardiff and Newport.
- “Walk With Me” Mentoring Programme provides invaluable advice and guidance to members that require it. To find out more, please click here.
- Educational workshops, talks and conferences at universities
- Emotional and well-being support, safeguarding people at risk and signposting to other services
- Social media engagement, news, and articles via Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Confidential email service offering support for yourself, a friend, or anyone else.
- Volunteering opportunities
Meet the UK Team
Learn more about our dedicated trustees leading our team of volunteers to raise the profile of queer Muslims both in the UK and the US.
About Hidayah US
Hidayah US is a volunteer organization currently seeking non-profit status. Our mission is to provide support and welfare for LGBTQIA+ Muslims, promote social justice and education about our community to counter discrimination, prejudice, and injustice, and create a safe and sustainable community in the US with a long-lasting impact.
Hidayah is a secular organization, but its projects and activities are developed specifically for the needs of LGBTQI+ Muslims.
Our vision is to ensure our voices are heard and understood. We are a mix of practicing and non-practicing Muslims. However, we warmly welcome friends, families, and allies to our events.
Hidayah US aims to promote diversity and equity by uplifting historically marginalized Muslim and LGBTQIA+ communities in the US.
We do this by creating leadership opportunities, holding healing and centering spaces, allocating educational and supportive resources to those in need, and collaborating with local leaders of historically marginalized populations. Currently and for the foreseeable future, all Hidayah US programming is virtual.
Hidayah US prioritizes transparency and safeguarding. We aim to protect the privacy and confidentiality of all who participate in our events and services. We invest in creating a community that foregrounds justice, equity, and liberation for all marginalized communities. We hope you will see these values reflected in all our programming and services.